Kia WNBA Skills Challenge – four teams of 2023 All-Stars will be featured in this highly anticipated event
The upcoming Kia WNBA Skills Challenge will be a fun event because it will feature four teams of 2023 All Stars competing against one another. This unique twist brings an additional element of intrigue and excitement to the competition. The fans will be able not only to watch the skills and talents displayed by the players themselves, but also their chemistry and teamwork as these All-Stars compete against one another.
The Kia WNBA Skills Challenge is a fan favorite, demonstrating the athleticism and versatility of the top players in the league. Four sets of All-Stars teammates have taken the event to an entirely new level. The event gives these players a chance to display their teamwork and camaraderie, as well their individual skill sets. The fans will be treated to incredible teamwork as these teammates compete in different skill challenges, such as shooting and passing. This dynamic adds excitement to the competition and will have fans on the edge.
NEW YORK – The 2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge will feature a new format when, for the first time, four sets of All-Star teammates will go head-to-head in a two-round, timed, obstacle course, relay competition that tests agility, dribbling, passing, and shooting skills. The course will include a Kia EV6 as one of the obstacles.
ESPN will broadcast Kia WNBA Skills Challenge, and WNBA STARRY.® The 3-Point Contest will be held on Friday, 14 July at the Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas. ET).
The Kia WNBA Skills Challenge & the STARRY® 3-Point Contest are key elements in a series of WNBA events scheduled for Las Vegas, the centerpiece of which is the 2023 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game on Saturday, July 15, also at Michelob Ultra Arena (ABC, 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET).
Team Dream Allisha Parker and Cheyenne Parker will make their debut as Atlanta Dream All-Stars. Team Wings This team is composed of three-time All Star Arike Obunbowale, and two-time All Star Satou Sabaly. Team Aces Includes the Las Vegas Aces five-time All Star Chelsea Gray and Kelsey Plum’s two-time All Star. Team Liberty Two-time All Star Sabrina Ionescu is joined by five-time All Star Courtney Vandersloot.
In the first round, all four teams will compete one by one in a race to beat the clock. The first player in each team, Player 1, will run the obstacle course. They will be followed closely by their teammate Player 2, as the clock ticks down. The two teams with the fastest time will move on to the final round, where they will compete for the championship. If there is a tie and it’s necessary to decide which team will move on to the championship round or advance to the next round, then the teams must repeat the course.
The following are the participants in the 2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge.
The Kia WNBA Skills Challenge will feature WNBA stars. Fans can also showcase their own basketball abilities and win prizes by participating in a version of Kia WNBA Skills Challenge that lasts 30 seconds. WNBA Live U.S. Bank The all-electric Kia will power the Bayside Hall F at Mandalay Bay Convention Center.
Starting on Friday, 14 July at 12 noon PT and continuing through Saturday, 15 July at 8 pm PT. WNBA Live U.S. Bank The WNBA Fan Festival is a two day interactive event that celebrates the intersection of fashion, music and culture.
2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge – Competition Format and Rules
Four (4) teams, each consisting two (2) players, compete in an obstacle course relay race that tests agility and dribbling skills, as well as passing and shooting.
- Teams are competing one at atime.
- In a relay, both players of each team take part.
- The first player to complete the course must be:
- Pass a 25-foot chest at a target starting from the baseline. Finish the pass or make max three (3) valid passes.
- Dribble through the four (4) pylons to reach the Kia EV6 2023.
- After three (3) successful attempts or a short shot in the lanes, you can move on.
- After three (3) successful attempts or a success, you can move to the next step.
- Dribble towards the opposite goal to make a basket.).
- The second player begins when they either receive the pass or rebound of the previous players shot after a basket is made.
- The second player must complete the same 25-foot pass, pylon-dribble in the lane, short shot, and left-corner three-point shot.
- After the three-pointer is completed, the Player 2 will dribble towards the opposing goal and take a three point shot from the top arc.
- The WNBA will determine the order of competition.
- The Final Round is won by the two teams that have the fastest times.
- The Final Round will feature two teams.
- The order of the Final Round is determined by the reverse order of the First Round. The team with the slower time goes first.
DISQUALIFICATION – Players are subject to disqualification at the final discretion/judgment of the referee for failure to complete all the challenges.
TIEBREAKER – In the event of a tie, the teams shall repeat the course.