WNBA Updates that will make you curious: News about Teams, Players and Games
As teams prepare for the upcoming season, the WNBA is a hot topic. The WNBA has seen a lot going on, including player transfers and trades. The Chicago Sky, for example, recently acquired two-time WNBA All-Star Candace Parker. This was a great addition to the team. The move generated excitement and expectations among the fans for the performance of the team in the upcoming seasons. There have also been updates regarding player injuries and recovery, with many teams eagerly awaiting the return of key players. The WNBA’s news coverage is a great source of information, keeping fans up-to-date on team dynamics, players performances, and league developments.
Fans are excitedly awaiting the exciting games to come. The WNBA has a high level of competition due to the talented athletes who showcase their skills. The media often publishes detailed game analyses, which highlight the best performances of players and illustrate strategies used by teams. Fans can follow the game via these reports even if it is not possible to attend. The WNBA news also covers key rivalries and anticipated matchups, which adds an extra level of excitement for fans. With every game, players have an opportunity to make a mark and teams look to solidify their positions in the league – news coverage provides fans with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the game.
– Atlanta Dream’s Allisha Gray and Cheyenne Parker, Dallas Wings’ Arike Ogunbowale and Satou Sabally, Las Vegas Aces’ Chelsea Gray and Kelsey Plum,
New York Liberty’s Sabrina Ionescu and Courtney Vandersloot Set to Compete –
– Kia’s Debut as Presenting Partner of WNBA’s Skills Challenge to Include
a Kia EV6 Positioned as an Obstacle Along Course –
– Kia WNBA Skills Challenge and STARRY® 3-Point Contest Air Live On ESPN This Friday, 14 July
1 p.m. ET / 4 pm PT ET) as Part of AT&T WNBA All-Star 2023 Events –
NEW YORK, July 11, 2023 – The 2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge will feature a new format when, for the first time, four sets of All-Star teammates will go head-to-head in a two-round, timed, obstacle course, relay competition that tests agility, dribbling, passing, and shooting skills. A Kia EV6 will be one of the obstacles positioned on the course.
ESPN will broadcast both the Kia WNBA Skills Challenge as well as the WNBA STARRY.® The 3-Point Contest will be held on Friday, 14 July at the Michelob Ultra Arena, Las Vegas. ET).
The Kia WNBA Skills Challenge & STARRY® 3-Point Contest are key elements in a series of WNBA events scheduled for Las Vegas, the centerpiece of which is the 2023 AT&T WNBA All-Star Game on Saturday, July 15, also at Michelob Ultra Arena (ABC, 5:30 p.m. PT/8:30 p.m. ET).
Team Dream Allisha Parker and Cheyenne Parker will make their debut as Atlanta Dream All-Stars. Team Wings The team is made up of two-time All Star Satou Sabally and three-time All Star Arike Ogunbowale. Team Aces The Las Vegas Aces have five-time All Star Chelsea Gray, and two-time All Star Kelsey Plum. Team Liberty Two-time All Star Sabrina Ionescu is joined by five-time All Star Courtney Vandersloot.
First, each team will race against the clock one at a moment. The first player in each team, Player 1, will run the obstacle course. They will be followed closely by Player 2, their teammate. The two teams with the fastest time will move on to the final round, where they will compete for the championship. If there is a tie and it’s necessary to decide which team will move on to the championship round or advance to the next round, then the teams must repeat the course.
Here are the list of participants for 2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge.
Fans will be able to show off their basketball skills in a 30 second version of the Kia WNBA Skills Challenge at WNBA live U.S. Bank In the Bayside Hall F of Mandalay Bay Convention Center, the fan-friendly activity featuring shooting, passing and dribbling will be powered by an all-electric Kia.
From Friday, July 14, 12 p.m. Pacific Time, through Saturday July 15, 8 p.m. Pacific Time, WNBA live U.S. Bank The WNBA Fan Festival is a two day interactive event that celebrates the intersection of fashion, music and culture.
2023 Kia WNBA Skills Challenge – Competition Format and Rules
Four (4) teams, each consisting two (2) players, compete in an obstacle course relay race that tests agility and dribbling skills, as well as passing, shooting, and shooting accuracy.
- The teams compete against each other one by one.
- In a relay, both players of each team take part.
- The first player to complete the course must be:
- Complete the chest pass from 25 feet away at the target. You can only make three (3) attempts.
- Dribble the downcourt, passing through four (4) poles including the Kia 2023 EV6.
- After three (3) successful attempts or a short shot in the lanes, you can move on.
- After three (3) successful attempts or a success, you can move to the next step.
- Dribble in the opposite direction and make a basket.).
- The second player is the one who starts after a basket has been made.
- The WNBA will determine the order of competition.
- The Final Round is won by the two teams that have the fastest times.
- In the Final Round, two teams will compete.
- The Final Round order will be determined based on the inverse of the First Round time. (e.g. the team that has the slower time is the first to go)
DISQUALIFICATION – Players are subject to disqualification at the final discretion/judgment of the referee for failure to complete all the challenges.
TIEBREAKER – In the event of a tie, the teams shall repeat the course.
Kia America is headquartered in Irvine California and continues to be rated as the best automotive brand globally. Kia is the “Official Automotive Partner” NBA and offers gasoline, plug-in, hybrid vehicles Hybrid Vehicles and electrified vehicles sold through a network of over 750 dealers in the U.S., including several cars and SUVs proudly assembled in America*.
* The K5, Sportage, Sorento, and Telluride (excludes HEV and PHEV models) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.